LivaNova Announces Commercial Launch of Perceval Plus Aortic Heart Valve in Europe
The next-generation sutureless surgical technology is based on a clinically proven platform and designed for valve durability
“Continual innovation for tissue heart valves is important for two primary reasons. First, our patients have a longer life expectancy, so we have to provide them with valves that have solid long-term performance. Second, we are using tissue valves more and more frequently in relatively younger patients,” said Prof.
Perceval Plus is the next generation of Perceval, which is a trusted technology with 13 years of clinical use and more than 50,000 implants worldwide. Key benefits of Perceval Plus are:
- Designed for durability: The unique FREE anticalcification tissue treatment combines phospholipid reduction and aldehyde neutralization with aldehyde-free storage.2
- Availability to a wide patient population: This valve is a versatile solution that can be used in complex or concomitant procedures and as a foundation for potential future Valve-in-Valve procedures.
- Facilitation of minimally invasive surgery: The truly sutureless surgical solution gives surgeons better visibility of the annulus and the anatomical structures.
- Designed to reduce permanent pacemaker implant (PPI) rates: Design enhancements, coupled with more efficient valve sizing, have been introduced with the goal of reducing pacemaker use.
“We are already seeing very promising initial results with Perceval Plus, contributing to the strong body of evidence for Perceval,” said Prof.
The first Perceval Plus implant was performed in 2018 by Prof. Hermann Reichenspurner and Prof.
“Through the innovations introduced with Perceval Plus and building upon the positive outcomes from the recent PERSIST-AVR clinical study, we are proud to deliver our next-generation sutureless surgical innovation to heart teams throughout
For more information on Perceval Plus, visit the
For more information, please visit www.livanova.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This news release contains “forward-looking statements” concerning our goals, beliefs, expectations, strategies, objectives, plans and underlying assumptions and other statements that are not necessarily based on historical facts. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding Perceval and Perceval Plus. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated in our forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, including those factors set forth in Item 1A of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
- Szecel D,
Meuris B. Long-term outcome with sutureless valves: 12 years of Perceval experience. Ann Cardiothorac Surg 2020. doi: 10.21037/acs.2020.04.03
- Meuris B, De Praetere H, Strasly M, Trabucco P, Lai J, Verbrugghe P, et al. A novel tissue treatment to reduce mineralization of bovine pericardial heart valves. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018;156(1):197-206. doi:10.1016/j.jtcvs.2018.01.099.
VP, Corporate Communications