At LivaNova, we understand the importance of bringing both clinical and economic value to our customers. We are a strong, market-leading medical technology and solutions company, offering a diverse product portfolio and global reach.
LivaNova is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol "LIVN."
Understanding the LivaNova Business
LivaNova has a workforce of approximately 4,000 employees worldwide. We are headquartered in London (UK) and maintain a presence in more than 100 countries. LivaNova operates as two businesses:
- Cardiovascular We are a global leader in cardiovascular solutions with an established leadership position in heart-lung machines and recognition as the world's #1 cardiopulmonary bypass company. Plus, we offer the only truly sutureless aortic valve replacement, Perceval®. Our advanced technologies have made significant contributions to cardiac surgery and provided positive outcomes for many patients who have needed cardiac and cardiopulmonary support.
- Neuromodulation As pioneers of the VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulation) Therapy® System, we continue to advance medical device solutions for people affected by drug-resistant epilepsy and treatment-resistant depression. This System is also being studied to validate its ability to deliver Autonomic Regulation Therapy for heart failure. Additionally, we treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) via Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation (HGNS).
LIVN Strategic Portfolio Initiatives
Our product portfolio has multiple strategic portfolio initiatives (SPIs), which are mid- to long-term growth drivers for the company. These SPIs include:
- VNS Therapy for Treatment-Resistant Depression (TRD): Depression is a leading cause of disability worldwide1, and VNS Therapy may provide better outcomes and symptom improvement for patients with TRD.
- VITARIA® for Heart Failure: More than 25 million people are living with heart failure worldwide.2 The leading cause of morbidity and mortality is heart failure. Using its VNS Therapy System, LivaNova's novel delivery of Autonomic Regulation Therapy may improve regulation of cardiovascular function.
- THN Sleep Therapy for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): : More than 600 million patients worldwide suffer from OSA.3 LivaNova THN Sleep Therapy treats OSA by delivering mild stimulation to multiple tongue muscles, which opens the airway while a patient is sleeping.
LivaNova is improving the quality of life through innovation for every patient, every day.