LivaNova is a global medical technology company built on nearly five decades of experience and a relentless commitment to improve the lives of patients around the world. Our advanced technologies and breakthrough treatments provide meaningful solutions for the benefit of patients, healthcare professionals and healthcare systems.
At LivaNova, we understand the importance of bringing both clinical and economic value to our customers. We are a strong, market-leading medical technology and services company, offering a diverse product portfolio and global reach. LivaNova is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol “LIVN.”
LivaNova is a market leader with a workforce of more than 4,500 employees worldwide. We are headquartered in London (UK) and maintain a presence in more than 100 countries. LivaNova operates as three business franchises:
- Cardiac Surgery: We are a global leader in cardiac surgery based on many factors, including our established leadership position in heart-lung machines and recognition as the world’s #1 cardiopulmonary bypass company. Our advanced solutions have made significant contributions to open-heart surgery outcomes for many patients. Notably, we offer the only sutureless valve for aortic surgery.
- Neuromodulation: As pioneers of the VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulation) Therapy® system, we continue to advance medical device solutions for people affected by drug-resistant epilepsy, treatment-resistant depression and heart failure. We also treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) with an implantable device that stimulates multiple tongue muscles via the hypoglossal nerve, opening the airway while a patient is sleeping.
- Cardiac Rhythm Management: Reflecting our spirit of imagination and invention, we have a long history of designing cardiac rhythm management systems, including pacemakers and defibrillators, that enhance and extend lives.
Our product portfolio has multiple strategic portfolio initiatives (SPIs), which are mid- to long-term growth drivers for the company. These SPIs include:
- VNS Therapy for Treatment-Resistant Depression (TRD): Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and VNS Therapy may provide better outcomes and symptom improvement for patients with TRD.
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR): Nearly 1 in 10 people age 75 or older has moderate to severe Mitral Regurgitation. 1,2 LivaNova is conducting a clinical trial for the Caisson TMVR, which uses a tube (catheter) through an incision in the groin instead of open-heart surgery to replace the mitral valve.
- VITARIA™ for Heart Failure: The leading cause of morbidity and mortality is Heart Failure. Using its VNS Therapy System, LivaNova's novel delivery of Autonomic Regulation Therapy (ART) may improve regulation of cardiovascular function.
At LivaNova, we serve health and improve lives. Day by day. Life by life.
1. Lloyd-Jones D, Adams RJ, Brown TM, et al; American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2010 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2010;121(7):e46-e215.
2. Nkomo VT, Gardin JM, Skelton TN, Gottdiener JS, Scott CG, Enriquez-Sarano M. Burden of valvular heart diseases: a population-based study. Lancet. 2006;368(9540):1005-1011.